Old 08-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #23
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 219 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: Generator Questions and Answers, by R&J Control Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Marconette View Post
Rob,
Have you had any luck with the generator? A few weeks ago I measured what mine burned in one day. This was with A/C running, fans, computers, tv, battery charger and 110 vac pump and chiller running for 8 hrs straight. 7 gallons. It surprised me that it did not use more fuel than that.

Sean
I have not been out for the last 2 weeks because I hurt my back pretty bad and I am try to take some time off to let it heal. In hopes that I can finish the season and have surgery over the winter.

But before that happened
I checked and there is only a couple of amps running when its just sitting there with nothing on. I think that is from the microwave,tv, dvr ect. standby and memory and maybe the inveter deal that charges the batteries when the generator is running.. Its only a few amps so I dont think that is the problem. Other than that the only thing I noticed recently is that once its started it takes about a minute before it starts putting out voltage. That might be normal too but I never noticed it before. Still using about the same amount of fuel though. I also sent out another oil sample on it and it came back OK. They said I could go alot longer between changes but oil is alot cheaper than a new generator so I am going to stay safe and keep doing what I have been as far as intervals go.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote