View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
Bob Mulry
VIP Member

Liked 321 Times in 101 Posts
Default Re: Please vote here:

I like everything in Ed's proposal EXCEPT the combining of Stick & Autos. My belief is that it would be very difficult to manage and get the factors correct. A 265 ci SBC will benefit from a stick but will the Hemi combos also benefit??

I have some additional ideas and it goes as follows....

You only get to race in your natural class not one up or one down..

Go to one pound or 3/4 pound weight breaks and eliminate a bunch of classes and it make it more difficult to avoid heads up races in the eliminator....

Since NHRA has already chosen to not enforce the AHFS at INDY, they should also bring back Class Winners plus the next fastest cars get into the eliminator.

Open up the quotas at National Events that have Class Eliminations, because with a quota of 65 cars it's almost less than one car per class.

Since we are on the topic of PERFORMANCE how about a few National Events without a quota and only the fastest 64 or 128 qualify for the field. This could work at the National Events that have Class Eliminations

Racers that don't care about performance can still have a place to race but it wouldn't be in Stock Eliminator.

Just Sayin'