View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #8
parmalaserwash

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Onan 7500 33 code error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Biebel View Post
It's very easy to Isolate the MH from the generator and test it with a resistive load bank.

The generator engine is speeding up because there is a load being sensed. We don't know if the shutdowns are being caused by the generator itself or the load being applied having some sort of short or feedback the generator senses as a short.....

All your trying to do is eliminate the possibility of some issue in your wiring or inverter being the cause of the generator shutting down.

Any proper Onan service tech or shop would know what I'm describing to do. Disconnect the output wires connected normally to the generator and substitute some other load.....and any decent generator shop has to have a load bank tester. Its nothing more than a big adjustable toaster......Resistors that turn electricity into heat...

Your generator may just be shutting down because it is sensing something wrong down stream...….If it runs fine with the load bank connected it proves the problem is in your MH and the most likely issue is your inverter....Does not matter how old it is......

Does everything work ok when you plug in your shore power cord ?

The generator may definitely have a problem but as I said you need to confirm it before doing all the work to remove it......

Yes everything works when plugged in. Last year with the bad inverter the gen would run until you plugged something in an outlet or turned on an A/C i tried each A/C individually, and both killed gen. Start gen without A/C it will run until you plug something then it dies. Reason we put new inverter in was nothing would run in coach unless we were plugged in, TV's, plugs no power to microwave nothing. Plug in everything would work.

This year with the new inverter when it clicks over to charge batteries the gen dies.

This year with the new inverter and gen is not running the inverter powers TV's, plugs, microwave, everything it should power without being plugged in or gen running.

I will find an Onan service center. Thank you again for your help. MUCH APPRECIATED.

Joe
parmalaserwash is offline   Reply With Quote