View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 02:21 AM   #13
Rory McNeil
VIP Member

Liked 938 Times in 259 Posts
Default Re: Thoughts on Moroso Trick Springs (Foxbody)

]I had used the Moroso front & rear springs on my 85 Mustang Stocker. I only ran the rear springs 1 weekend, they seemed too light, at least for my stickshift car. What worked the best for me was a stock pair of coils from a 90 GT (green tag).
Up front, as others have said, a royal PITA to install. OTC sells the special spring compressor that Ford showed in the shop manual, but way to expensive to justify for only using once or twice. What I found that worked the best, was to remove both the inner control arm bolts , with a floor jack under the coil spring seat, and slowly release the tension until the springs can be removed by hand. Although Moroso says not to cut the springs, unless you are installing an iron headed 460 with A/C, they are waaaay too long.
I first cut the front springs a full coil, and the front end still sat way too high. Removed another 1/2 coil, still a touch high, cut another 1/4 coil, then too low. Finally went with a new set of Moog 4 cyl, non A/C springs, worked fine. As for the rear airbags, I used them, as they corrected the twisted up launch these cars often have. Many guys just use a single bag in the RR, I installed both, for me, 5 psi in the LF, and 20-25 in the RR let the car leave nice and level. For rear shocks I used the Strange single adjustable units, double adjustables are nice, but quite a bit more $$$.[IMG]jpg 6(3)[/IMG]

Last edited by Rory McNeil; 02-01-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Rory McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote