View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 10:52 AM   #14
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,006 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: East Coast Stock / Super Stock Races

So, I’ve had some people have questions about the Stock / SS Race at Cecil in May & August, so I’ll answer the ones that have been posed to me so far, have a question put it below:

Rules: All NHRA / IHRA legal cars only, no shoe polish cars (meaning it must fit into a class, can’t throw shoe polish on your tow vehicle to race), cannot dial above your index. The byes are chosen by best R/T in Qualifying, Random Pairs for R1, Laddered come R2, No Heads Up, No Weight / Fuel Check, Combo Class of Stock / SS

Payouts: Payouts are based on 32 cars (please tell me where at 32 cars you can run for $2,500 in Stk/SS) and thanks to the great sponsors who stepped up to sponsor this series this is the format they decided on, I get $2,500 to win / $500 RUP might be a steep decline in winner to r/up payouts but I’m sure you can work something out if you make it to the finals. I can tell you it’s way easier to get a sponsor on board for 4 races rather than 10 events…the dollar is stretched out a little further at 10 races.

Entry: YES, entry fee is $100 to race per day, and you make it to 3rd round you get that back!! Spectators & Crew are $15 per day.

Championship fund: Really, no buy in? Yes, once again thanks to great sponsors, no membership is required (for Stk/SS) to run for the cash!

Rotation: Plan is to put the Combo Class in Between Top Dragster & Top Sportsman to allow those running double duty in TD / TS to get a break, there will be plenty of time to arrive, set-up and make your runs and have some downtime, the plan is 2 qualifiers on Sat & 1 Sun followed by eliminations both days.

*Rotations are not easy to do, and I know I'll have a Super Street guy who has a Junior or also has a Super Comp car, all can say it work together...ask for help if possible.

Let’s have fun and come 2025 hopefully this is a regular deal!
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked