View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Rob Petrie E395
VIP Member

Liked 220 Times in 79 Posts
Default Re: air-ride suspension 2000 lincoln town car?

These cars have alot of problems with the air ride system. I have worked on a bunch of them over the years and most of the time its a compressor or valve problem when they act up after sitting for long periods but the air bags crack and leak too so look at them too. If you look in the trunk there is a switch to turn the system off before raising the car off the ground to work on it. Try turning the system off and then back on. Then after the compressor shuts off listen for a air leak. The bad part is new factory parts to fix these things are outrageous in price. And due to the age of these cars most are not worth spending that much. But you can get a kit from Strutmasters for a couple hundred dollars to replace the air spring/shock with a coil spring setup and they are easy to install. I know at one time they had some diagnostics on their web page for these cars but I cant seem to find it now. I have put several of these kits in including on a relatives car and they all seem happy with the results.
Rob Petrie E395 is offline   Reply With Quote