View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
trmnatr

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: What Engine Bearings Do You Run ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg fulk View Post
For me they coated "H" bearings... it's an inline 6cyl 230 chevy BUT it uses the same bearing (and piston) as a 283. my engine only sees 6000rpms in the water box. BUT the engine has close to 800 passes on it & still runs under just fine. The reason I put the coated bearings in it was the car under hard braking & turning off the track (like Indy) the oil pressure goes to almost 0! & yes I said 800 passes th eengine went into my car back in 2004... it's now in dads car & has set 4 IHRA records.
Thanks, may have to have a set of Kings coated and try them however im not looking to get that many runs

One engine uses aluminum rods and the other engine is a steel rod engine that we are trying to get the most HP out of with off the shelf budget parts which i think we can do being out budget 400 runs 10.40's in a 1980 Camaro lightened

Also thinking the coated bearings may be good on customers "Street" engines due to low RPM and possible sudden braking (?) , I think i will try them in a customers 383 we have not ordered bearings for yet.

I will have my Kings coated.

Who all have you guys used ? I have had good luck with PolyDyn and Dart for skirts,, Any suggestions on bearings ?

Last edited by trmnatr; 06-24-2009 at 10:17 PM.
trmnatr is offline   Reply With Quote