View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
MAURICE BLENDHEIM

Liked 228 Times in 78 Posts
Default Re: 1969 Chevelle Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I have not either Charlie, but I don't believe that Jim (Original owner) did any badge trickery on this car. It is a factory radio delete car too and was originally the light, snot green color. You have inspired me to do some research and figure out if the 300 was actually offered as a 2 door hardtop. I will let you know what I come up with.
Andy... You can save some research time, they did come as a 300 2 door hardtop. I had one, just sold it a couple years ago. I currently have a 1970 300 2door with rubber floor mat, currently building it with a casting number-date code correct aluminum head LS-6 TH-400, 12 bolt with manual 4wheel disc brakes and manual steering and it will remain a 300 with a non-funtional cowl hood. A Chevelle guy pointed out to me, one way to tell if its a 300 is the windshield wipers are visible above the hood line and a Malibu tuck below the hood. A 300 has no Malibu trim what so ever and usually have no drip rail trim. The Canadian cars all had plastic inner fenders. You are starting with a time capsule, are you going to keep it retro. Good Luck with the build. MB.
MAURICE BLENDHEIM is offline   Reply With Quote