View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
Steve Stasko

Liked 228 Times in 120 Posts
Default Re: Tri-State 2019 Season

I hate to see it go away also, as I know how much the series meant to Mike.

I think at this point, continuation is the key factor. Don't make any sudden changes or etc., just experiment down the road. Remember that most tracks are squeezing these races in among their current daily schedule. Adding extras may cause some issues at certain tracks.

As far as tracks...Mike definitely did well there and traveled the series all around PA, Ohio, and Maryland. I think they even had a race or two at Fairmont before that track closed. While I don't know the details, and never asked (none of my business), I am inclined to believe that there was some disagree in recent times with the Quaker City management team which lead to the lack of recent Tri-State races there.

The Ohio/PA/WV/MD area is very rich with Stock/SS cars, but unfortunately outside of the end of the year race at Mason-Dixon, these races are generally poorly attended by the Stock/SS crowd. I would work on growing the car count before I added any extras to the program. I would avoid stacking events on top of the LODRS races, and also the Buckeye Series to help with this.
Steve Stasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked