View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #20
jmcarter
VIP Member

Liked 2,665 Times in 851 Posts
Default Re: Why is NASCAR Dying ? Video !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhramnl View Post
Let's not forget the reality that recent generations (for example, the much-discussed millennials) have almost no interest in cars, and therefore, no interest in car racing. There is a small minority of young people who still follow, and to some degree participate in, motorsports, but the vast majority of young adults seem much more involved with saving the planet, helping illegals into America, savaging Conservatives, tearing down American corporations and infrastructure, revising American history, talking about global climate change and telling everyone else how to live. They Uber from one public demonstration to another.
Suppose I’m a bit more “glass half full” type. Think the hypermedia would seem to validate your position but I also get to see young Eagle Scouts, church youth groups and others that appear to be on the right path. Part of the problem stems from social media giving youth an impression that they have a bonafide voice when in most cases they have neither the life experiences or basic understanding required to express themselves responsibly. They see polarized groups and think they need to join one side or the other instead of their being part of mainstream America that goes about doing what made the USA great. But off my soapbox...

At some point I think today’s youth will recognize technology as being unable to deliver on it’s promise of offering a “better life”. It actually undermines family values (undertaking “tech-free” family times such as meals is a great start) and the inherent human desire to have interpersonal contact, build things with your own hands and participate with others in activities that engage all their senses. Racing offers such an activity so long as pistons pulse, which I think they will for many years to come. If you know a youth who is falling into the technology rabbit hole have them watch the movie “The World’s Fastest Indian”. It might get the wheels turning...

And thanks to Dan for posting the video...
jmcarter is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked