View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #113
Jeff Lee
VIP Member

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Dommination of FI cars.

I recently had an email discussion with somebody in Finnland. I noticed in one of the links he provided me there were pictures of various Stock and Superstock vehicles; most which are recognizable to many of us as they once were raced in the USA. The recognizable ones are so because they were, at least previously, the fastes of the breed here in the USA. Looking at the dial-ins posted on the windows I noticed the ET's were WAY off base (slower, much slower) than what you would expect here in the USA for a comprable field. I asked what the track and weather was like. Sounded like a good day in Englishtown to me. All the cars seem capable of big wheelies so traction doesn't appear to be an issue. I didn't want to insult them but I finally had to ask, why are these cars all so slow? His response: a short season and lack of heads up runs.
I keep saying this, if you don't promote heads up runs, the sport will die! Throw 'em all in the mix and let the weak leave and the strong will survive. Like Tom Turner just posted, nothing says this is supposed to be fair or easy. I'd like to see the rules stipulate if you weigh enough for the next lower class then that's were you will race. That or 100# max over minimum; either one would make me happy. That would make it harder to avoid the AHFS. Am I right or wrong? Combine the sticks and auto's also. Bring some competitive blood to the sport and the AHFS will get triggered quite regularly, right? And this comes from a SS/H racer that is only .700 under at present and that's nothing to get excited about in SS/HA!