View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
masracing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Qualifying Points in TS and TD

I agree that points should absolutely be awarded to top qualifiers. The purpose of the class is fast bracket racing so it makes sense to award people for going fast. I also agree that the 48 car field is a little accessive I think a 32 car field would make more sense. Thats a matter of opinion though

As I have said before I do feel along with rewarding top qualifiers I feel they should need to dial within a percentage of their qualifying time. I never agreed when NASCAR racers were allowed to having a qualifying engine and a seperate race engine. This is similar in some ways. I believe you should qualify with your race set up. If the fastest you can bracket race comfortably is a 6.x then a 6.x is what you should qualify with also. Its not "punishing" fast cars its just keeping them honest. I Feel that this class is about how fast can you go with a "bracket combination". I have seen enough consistant mid six second cars to know it can be done.

I plan to mainly run the Epping and the LVD top dragster series anyway and both of these have rules in place to prevent racers dialing much slower than their qualified time. I will say I dont plan to hit any #1 quailifying spots this year but what I run in qualifying will be close to what I dial regardless of the rules because that what I think class is meant to be about. Thats just me though.

B.J. Masiello
masracing is offline   Reply With Quote