Thread: Carb or EFI
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #10
cmracing

Liked 62 Times in 29 Posts
Default Re: Carb or EFI

Here you go:

If you are happy with your carb, stay with it as Ed stated. You'll have a lot of entry fees, fuel money, and tire money in your pocket! If you want to be different, like me, go for it.

Sorry to hear the poster above that tried the Holley Dominator setup and didn't like it. I have been running it for 6 or more years now, cant' even remember. But........ I did start messing with EFI back in 1986, so I have a little experience under my hat.

EFI is no more consistent than a well-tuned race carb. An out of the box carb, that's usually another story. I can't state if it makes more power. I have seen it make a little LESS on the engine dyno yet produce a better ET and MPH with back to back testing, but that was with one car, not a good sampling.......

I myself have never had a carb on my car and it has been on the track since 1990. Started life with EFI and shall end it's way like that too.

I have the Holley HP setup on our slower car, it works great too. Have put both Holley setups in many other cars, their only complaint is the cost....
cmracing is offline   Reply With Quote