Thread: Carb or EFI
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #6
jim hensley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Carb or EFI

Well this is my story, other people may have had a better experience. I tried the holley dominator system on my car, thinking like you, that it might offer more consistency. after a lot of $$ spent buying the system and finding someone to install it, I find out not hardly anyone locally knows how to really tune it properly for racing, as it was a complex system. It is not for everyone. I even went to the Holley class on the EFI system. Car never ran right, actually ran faster with the carb. That "self learning" advertising you hear, no where near the truth, unless maybe if you have a street car. Of course, you can always pay to fly in a system expert to tune it for you, as there are guys out there that really know how to makes these systems work, and there are racers who know their system, but that does not help you locally. If you are at the track, and something is not working properly, you are lost. So after wasting most of a year, I took the system off. So unless you are willing to invest a lot of money, time, and training to learn to tune a new system yourself, you are going to be overwhelmed. I like a challenge, and hated to give up on it, but lots more stuff to learn and lots more to go wrong and you just end up frustrated. One thing I learned in my years of racing, keep it simple, so I put the carb back on and went racing and never looked back. Just my opinion.
jim hensley is offline   Reply With Quote