View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #42
DMann0825

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Interesting or Funny Car Stories

in the 90,s i raced with a drag club from central mass-were all at a 1/8 mile track in maine for a 2 day event-i have a 68 notch back barracuda-400 4-speed-i make it to the final on the first day and i,m racing the track champ ,a girl in a rear engine dragster- some how the shifter mount loosened up from the trans and were trying to repair quickly but cannot pull it off--the girls dad is in the staging lane NOT patiently waiting and making a big deal about me being late-we rush to staging and harsh words come from dad to me-so burnouts are done and we pre-stage.for some unknown reason i pull the shifter out of first to make sure i,m in first-big mistake it won,t go back in gear! i,m trying to get it in gear and the starter walks up to my window and is motioning for me to pull in--I,m trying -then the dad is in the background making rude gestures---finally the stick moves forward and I'm trying to think of how to mess the dragster driver up {cause i have nothing on my mind! ha ha } so i put my left directional on and leave on the green--dragster driver leaves on my directional and bulbs! i win and the dad and the driver will not shake my hand when i went over to them--then i win the next nite too great weekend for me! dave
DMann0825 is offline   Reply With Quote