View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 08:01 PM   #20
Lyn Smith
VIP Member

Liked 847 Times in 158 Posts
Default Re: combo killers

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Parker View Post
James not only is it a Tilburg motor, but Jerry is with him. With Jerry there you guys might as well just go over and hand Ralph the Check. Ralph will be sitting inside watching the Stock Market. Jerry would work a 12-hour day and ask why we are done so soon. He is an animal when it comes to working on these things. Remember the air is great and he has been keeping it under 1.20. If you piss him off, he may want to see how fast it can go. My bet if they really get after it with some help, you might see a 1.30 under run in good air. Ralph is coming to Gainesville wanting to win class. I would assume he will leave it in the same mode. I have been good friends with him for a long time. I will talk to him at Gainsville, so he understands better about the AHFS. If you get to know Ralph he is a great guy and would give you the shirt off his back. They don't come much better. BP

P,S. He is racing his car the way all of us should be. To bad we lost the performance part of Stock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barry, as far as I know there was always a penalty for going fast in Stock. In the Jr Stocker days you ran off of a record .And if you went faster than the record it got lowered to what you ran. When I started in Stock in the late 70s you got horse power for just winning class or setting a record or even winning a race. And there was a NHRA committee that would adjust the HP at the end of the year. If they didnt like you, you could got hit. At least now it is all in black and white. Last year people were pretty good at protecting their combos. They were smart about it.
Lyn Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked