Thread: combo killers
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 03:08 PM   #28
Jon Sarrett

Liked 136 Times in 43 Posts
Default Re: combo killers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW7670 View Post
The original post was about 1 man destroying a combo for 25-75 other racers for No reasonable reason! The guy who started this post has every right to be upset. Let me go spend thousands of dollars this week to pick up a tenth and watch this guy go F it up over one weekend. Can’t fix S****d This post is Not about index’s not being adjusted , Not carbs vs efi, Not a combo that’s too soft etc etc. someone stated If I need to protect my combo then it needs horsepower. Thats completely untrue! more than 3/4 of the field is doing the same thing and has done it for years! Weight, Oil, bias ply tires, timing etc. to protect their own combo. The guy hasn’t even done it when it matters the most. A Heads Up late in a race for a trip to the final or a bye to the final etc. Not even a class final!! 🤦🏼*♂️
Back when I was building my Camaro, Warren whipped the 4th gen LT1 into 358 hp before I had my car ready for the track. Was I upset, yes! Did I come to a public forum and raise hell about it, no. That hit was wide spread and pretty much put the 93-98 LT1's on the back burner unless you can write some big checks! Some of you guys need to pull up your pants and tighten your belts! This is the sport we voluntarily chose to participate in. If you don't like it, go play croquet or shuffle board.
Liked