View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #114
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,453 Times in 1,694 Posts
Default Re: Under the index for under a grand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Time for the Monday morning update! What a difference a week makes. I went from dealing with good air at a slow track to bad air at a slow track. After going a 15.15 @ 87.06 on my last pass I was none too happy with my off the trailer 15.41 @ 85.5. Checking with the locals brought about the consensus that it was .15 and 2 MPH slower than last week.
Long story short, I made 5 runs, 2 in eliminations so I wasn't making any major changes but over the course of my 3 TT runs I went down 6 jet sizes and up 4* on my timing and tuned the car back to a 15.22 @ 86.99. I'm at least heading in the right direction.
Next week I'm not going tuning on a race day. I'd like to go to Mason-Dixon for a T+T on Saturday. M-D is a fairly fast track. If I can't make it, I'll be at "The Beav" for Saturday T+T. I have to find a way to make the headers work better so I'm going to make a Y-pipe this week. That won't kill the budget. I'm at a point where I'm going to have to move my cam timing around to find out anything more.
Any other comments or suggestions? OBTW, Eddie, 37 cents.
I think it's about time for some pics of this honey..and it looks like you've got room in the budget for some Krylon...
Rustoleum and a foam roller works pretty good too.