View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 06:41 PM   #25
Cglrcng

Liked 129 Times in 66 Posts
Default Re: A 30 year journey, and a 2nd chance.

Atlanta I was a 2nd round duck, but not as bad though the issue still existed, as it still changed little (though I went back to Atlanta the following Wednesday for a Bracket Race and instead of just adjusting it once (Rich or Lean depending on Corrected Altitude), and leaving it for days unless there were huge swings...I started out Lean on the dial in daylight hours, and as rounds progressed and the air got cooler and better I richened it a notch or number before every round...I won both the street and the combined bracket(s) that night!)

We stayed near Atlanta again same place and I went up to Rockingham, NC for a Div., and back. Then we went to Memphis, TN, then back, then same time went back to Rockingham, NC for a Nat event, stayed a full week there, then Englishtown, NJ (I won class there alone, barely by not much), after N.J. I headed home it was late May, and I needed to get this issue resolved or park the car, raced is a few times the rest of the year testing this or that (requested the combo be reviewed in Dec 1995, and Feb 6, 96' they set it back to the correct original 99HP, rather than 110HP,
the trip was expensive enough with zero inflow all outgo.
raced it a couple of times in 96 & Phoenix in 97 was last time.

2.5 decades of life got in the way a bit, kids, college, fun, and business and debt reduction. So, it stayed parked time to get it back out again...Next up the actual rest of the build and that nagging problem resolved!

But I collected during the recent rebuild project a bunch of very special parts that makes it what it is today, that were not even available, or I would never have either found, or been given access to back then, you can say perfect timing buys, others no longer had a use for them, they were hidden away and rat holed and I had a need so I asked and they parted with them for very reasonable prices, and I researched a lot!

Just 3- 1/8th mile passes are on the car right now.

Want to know how long Sunoco Purple or 110 standard lasts and how pure it is? we moved 13.5 years before I started this recent project, put a few gals of Sunoco 110 in the tank, to move it onto a trailer to the new house garage, Jan 10th, 2022, started draining the tank pumping out fine into a clear jug, no sediment, smells right, a tiny bit more red than purple, zero sediment and the injector is perfectly clean.

Heck I fired it up and heated the block to temp, before starting the teardown and disassembly (to help loosen all bolts easier), after I emptied and dropped the stock tank and drained out the last 2.5 gals, the tank had zero rust in it. Trust pure race gas I guess. As that is a lot of hot summers.

And saw that nasty little pc of 1/4" fuel vapor line all spiderweb cracked going to the vent and rollover valve. The Fuel Cell rule change allowed me to find it. (It also requires IF you add a fuel cell, you MUST remove the stock tank).
Cglrcng is offline   Reply With Quote