View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
krugracing12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The death of bracket racing........

Mongo
I am certainly glad your not bashing your home track. You dont want to be on the "naughty" list in the tower. In the end, those that could afford to, would race for trophies against who or whatever stages in the other lane. However with the cost of everything out of control, the only way you can justify spending the $ to go is to race for something thats worth it. I have seen a fair amount of race cars get parked or sold in the last 25 years and the reason was always the same. The "aggravation/cost" factor got to outweigh the"Fun" factor. If you have 60 points racers and only 20 points races, everyone doesn't get a win every year. Throw in a couple of sketchy management decisions that went against or screwed a racer, you can see why people move on.

Most tracks would benefit from a well written rule book and management that can apply them properly. Bracket racing will never die, but tracks need to find a way to put the fun back in to it. Racing on a safe, well prepped track for a decent purse is a good start. Weeding out people using illegal equipment irregardless of class is also essential. Why some one does not think using a "Davis" traction control box or the "Matty" ignition is wrong escapes me, but they are out there along with many other "innovative" cheating devises. People that are using these things are screwing everybody. As racers we need to police ourselves when something is not right say something, and T/M has follow up and do the right thing.

Bill Krug
krugracing12 is offline   Reply With Quote