View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 05:44 PM   #16
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts
Default Re: AHRA index racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-TECH MAN View Post
To bad as the electronic and air operated throttle stops have killed the .90 classes for the spectator. Just take a look in the stands when they run today. In the beginning its was a bolt stop or adjustment with weight. The start and bog then start again is boring as hell !
Look at the stands for any of the sportsman classes except maybe TS and TD and you see the same things.
Have you ever competed in the throttle stop classes?
If not don't knock it until you try it.
160+ mph in a roadster is much more fun for me than 110 MPH was in my stocker and it was a stick car.
I ran stock for years in the 60's and early 70's.
I have just as much or more fun now running a SG car as I did the stock car back when.
Being retired it is also less work to run the SG car and to me it is about fun not how much work it takes to be competitive. I would not have retired if I wanted to work the hours it takes to be competitive in stock and super stock.
It is all about different strokes for different folks. I have other interests other than drag racing also.
Please don't knock any of the classes or we may just not have any classes to run in the future.
Be a part of the solution not part of the problem by knocking a class of racers.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX SG 5887
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote