View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:47 AM   #26
Rick Kagawa

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Alf Wiebe A body rear control arms

72 malibu that is one bad street car. It is still not a stocker. The A body is one of the toughest stocker to run for two reasons, one is the rear suspension and the other is that the motors are some ot the most powerful in stock. Traction is the issue with 9 inch tires. The 1970 454 is so powerful, I elected to stay with a L78 402 in my stocker.

Alf builds one system that works with the high power A bodies front and rear suspension. It really works. The A body twist is eliminated. The cars hook in most car washes. His front end kit makes the car faster. On the launch, the front tires don't look like a duck and scrub off speed when they land. An A body has the upper arms tilted backwards for anti dive. The front is up in the air at the top end catching air. His system takes out the anti dive and increases the aero dynamics. When I changed to his new system last year, I gained 2.5 miles per hour in the traps.

I have run a rear Weibe system since I started running my A body 6 years ago. The only reason to not buy one is that you want to have the pride that I designed my own system or I don't have the money to buy a complete system. I just figured how many years can I race? I want my car to run. I don't need to reinvent the wheel. He builds a proven system.

If you ever get to spend time with him, he is as straight a person that you will find. He will help you at his own expense. What a great guy.

Rick Kagawa
708 C/SA
http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCPh...r=100#indextop
Rick Kagawa is offline   Reply With Quote