View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
Angelo DiTocco

Liked 172 Times in 38 Posts
Default Re: Fury - WWII Movie

I saw it & thought it was barely OK - because there really was no plot to it other than what was previously described.......... the newbie, the predictably wacky (each in their own unique way) crew, the burned out Army Super-Lifer who flip flops between blind rage and Jesus like compassion and righteousness. In a way I feel like the movie is an insult to the veterans who were really there. I mean..... c'mon - was that part where they forced the new guy to murder the surrendering German soldier really necessary?
My dad & most of his close friends were WWII vets. Three of them were in the Army infantry in that very battle - the battle of the bulge. Two of the three were cut off from their units - one was captured, one got frostbite losing a couple of toes and the tip of his nose, his cheeks bearing the additional scars- his whole life. These guys rarely talked about their experiences and the rare instances when they did, they never glorified it. As a matter of fact one of them, Vinny DeLuca told me that the experience was so horrifying that he felt that anyone who glorified war was "an asshole".
Angelo DiTocco is offline   Reply With Quote