View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
Carguy49
VIP Member

Liked 2,190 Times in 589 Posts
Default Re: Anybody beat cancer?

"Whoever said winning doesn't matter, never had to fight cancer"

A good motto to live by, we do. My wife is on her 3rd session with cancer that started in 2003 with breast cancer, beat it. In late 2006 or early 2007 she developed issues with her back (cancer again), beat it. In 2013? she again had to start dealing with that dreaded cancer demon. This time it is in her bones, and the doctors are doing the best to control it so she can have as good a life as possible.

Her prognosis is good as possible, but we all know it will claim her at some point. We live life one day at a time and enjoy everything so much more now.

If you guys and gals remember I did a thread in late 2015 Carguy 49's Road Trip. We have taken a few smaller trips since then, but she doesn't travel as well as she used to.

Our 20th Anniversary is July 27th and her 65th Birthday is Sept. 9th. Out next 2 goals. Yes, we have more after that. A good friend's daughter is getting married next summer, also on the list.

I get to the races as much as I can to visit with friends and the support from them is outstanding. Keep my wife in your prayers and God Bless ALL of you.

P.S. To answer the thread question - - YES, People beat cancer all the time, NEVER give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Carguy49; 07-17-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Carguy49 is offline   Reply With Quote