View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
Alan Roehrich
VIP Member

Liked 1,043 Times in 274 Posts
Default Re: Stocker pistons...

JE has it together. Their ring grooves are as good as anyone's. Their skirt design is excellent. And no, they are not making a TRW copy, not even close. They make a state of the art piston. I use both CP and JE, and if JE pistons were not every bit as good as JE, or CP pistons were not every bit as good as JE, I would not use the lesser brand.

Diamond will make a Stock Eliminator piston. They make good pistons. but if they do not have one on the shelf, you will pay for development costs, and you'll wait for them to submit, and NHRA to approve. Wiseco will do the same, but once again, you pay, and you wait.

I have been through the NHRA approval process, personally. Think root canal. With no anesthetic. It took nine months, and NHRA approved one design and set of dimensions, then crawfished/backpedaled, and we started all over.

One other thing. Last year, we ran into a problem with an engine early in the year ( I won't say what happened, just that it wasn't one of my engines) and I needed to build a new engine "from scratch". Rick and JE stepped up, I got a set of new pistons, with the latest and greatest of everything, I got them in two weeks, and I did not have to pay any expedite fees. That engine was on the dyno nearly a month ahead of schedule, made great power, and the ring seal was perfect. There is no question in my mind about the quality or service from JE, nor about the excellence in design.

Last edited by Alan Roehrich; 03-25-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Alan Roehrich is offline   Reply With Quote