View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
CrateCamaro

Liked 19 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Could we have reached the point of no return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Hill View Post
Looking at it from a different approch, and most likely this is for the decision makers, but if we went to a Saturday race day when no other association was there, would the track prep be there for us? Last year we didn't pay to enter, this year its 15 bucks. Does any of the $100 entery fee go to the track? i don't know this answer, but if not i gotta figure the lanes would be preped similar to a friday night. Back when i was bracket racing i remember the payouts working out to 40-50% of the pot and much worse if the car count went up believe it or not. this was all to cover costs - employees, track prep, maintenance (which is obviously low on the list) insurance and profit. Regular sunday bracket days maybe the answer to having a good track and low costs.

I left the last sunday races discussed with the track as well. i have said it many times, i am loving the series and looking forward to purchasing a super stocker this winter. I will go where ever the Can Am Series runs!

Ian Hill
67 Chevelle Stocker
The Can Am series is Freds deal. Track sees $0. 100% payback to the racers and the $15 we have to pay at the gate to get in is a new deal for this year. Im not sure what was said to bring on the new charge at the gate but im sure its because people were saying "Can Am" at the gate and getting in for free. And really id pay more to have a "raceable" track all day.
CrateCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote