View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 06:06 PM   #23
Lynn A McCarty

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: NHRA Pontiac McCarty Racing Tunnelport Head Approval.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. This project started 12 years ago with my good friend giving me a call Dan Dvorak to introduce a tooling guy. We started out from scratch with a cast iron RAV head that we essentially copied adding a few modern improvements. My good friend Jeff Koblyski at Modern Cyl head gave us great advise may God rest his soul. Years of mentoring from Don Kennedy, Bill Foder and Phil Monteith fueled my desire for this project.

Stacy and Casey have been superb helping me along the way. It was done completely in house with paid professionals. Tony and the guys st BES Racing have made record power putting us way out in front with our first try 609 CID RAV pulling 1250hp with a cast intake and a single 4 on gas. Subsequent improvements have put it over 1300hp. A record for normally aspirated Pontiac engines and in July of 2014, Hot Rod Mag on the first of 3 dyno sessions. (Picture in opening)

Rick Katterjohn and Chris Hardy have been exemplary street and street/strip designs. All my friends from the S/SS community truly have been a blessing. Now we endeavor to run in SS modified resurrecting our dream of the old A/MP days...God willing.

Thanks to NHRA for all your help. Thanks to all the guys in the S/SS community.

Last edited by Lynn A McCarty; 09-13-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Lynn A McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote