View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
Don Kennedy
VIP Member

Liked 803 Times in 213 Posts
Default Re: How will an Accountant feel with the less entries to eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Pearson View Post
I am not really sure what has happened to make the program run at such a slow pace at the national events these days. Back when I started racing 40 years ago all of the classes were run on Sunday with the full fields of 64 cars. TF, FC, TAD. TAFC,PSM, comp, Modified, SS and stock. This was also with a 5 bulb tree. Why is it now they have to get all of the classes down to the final 4 in sportsman so they can get the program done. Is it the TV time that has slowed the program down? The TV is not actually live coverage as they claim it to be. Maybe its because there is more classes. No more modified and comp has very few cars. The addition of the SC, SG, TD and TS plus PM might be slowing the program. I think the low car counts in the pro classes and the lack of quality sportsman racing on Saturday and Sundays at the nationals is leaving the fans feeling short changed for the cost of the gate fee
How about no burn outs past the starting line as a start? any other ideas to Make the race more efficient from others ?