View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
OkieRocket

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Question "Sealing" Cragar Super Trick Front Wheels

I have an "old" 1970 Olds 442 Super Stock Car that I've owned for over 30 Years and am just getting it back to the track. I have always ran Cragar Super Trick Wheels on the Car and want to stay with them, as they are somewhat "nostalgic."..........

Here's my problem.... In the "old days," I always ran "tubes" in my front Tires with these Wheels, however, to be current with NHRA rules, I have to go to a steel Valve Stem....i.e., get rid of running Tubes...... and now go "Tubeless" on the front Tires.......meaning I'll need to "seal" the halves of the Wheels, so they will be able to hold air pressure.

I've done my best to "search the net," call Tire and Wheel Mfr's. to get their "recommendations" on the proper way to "seal" my Wheels, but can't get any good answers...... I'm sure many long time Super Stock Racers have dealt with this situation (either now, or in the past) and I was hoping someone would share some info. with me on the "best" way to seal the Wheels..........Lots of bad info. on the net and I want to do it right....
Can someone tell me the correct chemical/brand of Sealer to use and also the Method/Steps (cleaning, abrasion, preppuing, etc.) to go through to make sure I get a good result?.....Sure don't want to do this more than once....

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Harold
OkieRocket is offline   Reply With Quote