Thread: '66 Malibu N/SA
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:42 PM   #320
Dave Muller

Liked 221 Times in 71 Posts
Default Re: '66 Malibu N/SA

Well it's time for another update. After losing in round one in Vegas to Justin Lamb by a red light, I've had to revisit the brakes a bit. The 2-step didn't engage, and after some testing the only thing I can find is that the brake system doesn't hold pressure all that well. Since I don't see any other issues I'm thinking it's the master cylinder. So I put in yet another new one, this time an aluminum unit.

I haven't had a chance to test this at all yet, so I don't know if it even improves the issue. I hope to check it out this weekend if I can get my son to come over and help out a bit.

I did have some success in the Wild Horse divisional, going to the third round. I'll probably run an ADRA race in June to see how it's doing now and next up after that will be the double-header race in Salt Lake City. I'd go to Fontana, but that conflicts with a Wild Horse team Summit race. I'm leading in points (barely) and I really want that championship, so I'll miss that divisional.

Oh and even without my red light I would have lost to Justin in Vegas. Not only did he have a perfect light, but the headwind that I dialed for disappeared in the couple of minutes I was under the arch waiting to run, and was a tailwind by the time I was on the track, so I was a tenth or so under my dial. There's no way I would have scrubbed enough off to not break out.
Dave Muller is offline   Reply With Quote