View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
Nitroman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!! Engine Miss

Strange that it ran fine on the dyno, only to put it in the car and something fail.... I had one that popped and cracked really bad but only under a load and further upstairs(3,000 and up). You mentioned that you literally replaced every ignition component in the system, even said you tried another distributor... Did you by chance try just a straight up HEI of some sort to hooked straight to the battery to eliminate anything else in the car ?? It's possible to come up with multiple bad boxes. What box was used on the dyno ?? One from your car ? Or one that was already there ? I don't think changing the switches did anything to you, the addition of ground wires I suspoect is because the new ones are lighted... I was gonna suggest magnetic pick-up until you said you tried the whole dist. Hmmm... this could prove to be interesting, especially since from the looks of things, you've been fighting it for better than 2 MONTHS !!! As they say "I'd rather be racing !!!"

Maybe go back and make SURE your big red & black to the battery are intact from end to end.

Just trying to help.
Nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote