View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #275
Larry Hill
Live Reporter

Liked 9,452 Times in 1,956 Posts
Default Re: “Live” from Gainesville 2018

Well, first of all thanks to Butch for all those great pictures!! You can post on here any old time that you want!!

Our week ended early with a .003 red light first round against John Gray! He had an .018 light so he would have been hard to beat anyway!

My thoughts on the two weeks at Gainesville:
It was way too cold! We didn't socialize as much since it was too cool to sit outside until finally Friday evening. A big thank you to Allen Wade and all of his great cooking! We did sit out a little over there but you had to huddle to keep warm!

The parking situation was the pits!!! We got lucky and parked inside the first day of the divisional after they decided they had allowed too many spots for all the "special people". Lots of stock and super stock ended up in the back 40 where it was not convenient to go visit or socialize. Next year I think Top Dragster and Top Sportsmen ought to go there since they are towed to the line anyway! There was a rumor that the National event is going to be before the divisional next year so I guess they will just park us all out there and we won't have a chance to move up! I also heard lots of people say that they wouldn't be back next year for the National if the parking stays the same.

This was also the "dirtiest" race that I have ever attended! With no rain to settle the dust everything just got covered and stayed that way! Of course, it was nice to not have any rain to stop the racing! The cold weather was bad, too, but I know you can't control Mother Nature!!

But the eating was good!! Good food in the pits provided by the Wades and Super Comp racer Buck was great! Then Cedar River Seafood, Randy's Rib Shack and Sonny's Barbque made the eating fine!!

I have just a few more pics after I put in a few more loads of laundry! 3 weeks on the road makes a lot of dirty clothes!!

Patsy

Last edited by Larry Hill; 03-19-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Larry Hill is offline   Reply With Quote