View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #6
jimi

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Survivor '65 A-990 Plymouth on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar68 View Post
If true, then it is a sloppy, amateurish job...but I repeat myself.

M68
i will set it straight right now ! the car is real!!!!!!! as real as it gets!!!!!! the car was owned originally by Dave Parent from Mahopac NY. the short story is,his father bought it for Dave, he used it on the street taunted a few cops ran a few street races. the engine dropped a intake valve, the Chrysler dealer in Mahopac at the time (with a lot of complaining from Daves father) warrantied one head and a short block. my father was there the day it was fired up . the intake intake and one cylinder head was hemi orange and the other head and short block was red. the car was driven from the dealer to Daves garage where it sat for a long time. 40 plus years ago Dave would tell my dad that car will be worth at least 100k "i will save it and sell it then". In 1979 my dad bumped into Dave at a local pizza shop and again asked if he would sell it to him, which my father got the same reply, a few months later my dad bought the present car that i now own for a whopping $5000.00 with two engines.

I lost all of the pictures i had of the car along with light weights pictures of his dart. this a990 the last time i saw it was damn near perfect. father time does affect metal parts and pieces like the tag , but it is the real one from that car. last time i saw it it still had the original battery in the trunk with the long vent tubes. the battery tray still had the "fomoco" sticker on it ( yes the battery trays were from ford trucks), the car is an automatic it had a 2.77 gear set in the trunk N.I.B, the plate that sealed the carbs to the hood was still in the trunk unused, there was a N.I.B 4:88 gear set that ate its way through the original trunk mat. it had the original exhaust tires rims etc. just like the pictures on the auction....
jimi is offline   Reply With Quote