View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #8
63corvette

Liked 281 Times in 88 Posts
Default Re: NHRA drug testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Duzac View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much money it costs to drug test NHRA participants?
I was selected at work last week. I learned it costs the agency I work at $300.00 for each test. I was thinking it was $50.00 or so. The testing could run into plenty plenty money.
If the person goes to the Lab where the tests are run it is much less expensive than sending a crew out to gather the samples and document all the transfers involved in sending the samples to a lab where the tests are run.
I believe the answer is much more than $50 when NHRA contracts with a crew to do all the testing.
There is a paper trail with a chain of custody on each sample and requires lots of documentation as you probably know from being tested.
I believe NHRA does not have a choice as this type of testing is required by law by the Department of Transportation or some other Government Agency which has oversight for NHRA's safety of operation.
I worked in the natural gas industry and those employees who worked on the pipelines or compressor facilities to be tested at a certain percentage randomly each year.
Office personnel were excluded unless it was a field facility.
Just My Experience.
Rick in TX
63corvette is offline   Reply With Quote