View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #23
pfordamx

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: 1971 Buick 455 GS F/SA G/SA Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by goinbroke2 View Post
and your questioning his integrity why?...........

Different valve angles and seat width effect flow, and that's just as two examples of what he meant by "work on the heads". There are many more legal things to do before resorting to "port the heads and cover it up" as you're insinuating.

Uncalled for imho, there are a lot of people with a lot of equipment, doesn't mean they must be cheating because they have fancy tools.
OOPS. I actually didn't mean to insinuate he was cheating just a poorly stated question.

the correct question you answered though(thank you) basicly should've stated how much and what can you do with in the confines of a valve job to find gain, and the statement about the tools was just meant to mean he seams to have the tools at his disposal to play with valve jobs and test effects,and if i'm correct from his other post hp hunter also really seams to know what he's doing when it comes to building engines and making power, so i tend to watch his post there normally interesting.

the other part of this i find interesting is that i've read that low lift flow isn't always a good thing do to the possibility of reverse flow during the overlap period or stopping intake flow too soon. but in a stocker with a .390 ish lift limitation low lift is all you have so i guess you get all you can.
pfordamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked