View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #33
Eric Merryfield

Liked 471 Times in 114 Posts
Default Re: Well, I guess when it is in your blood........

Hi Bill,

Tor-Red is in my opinion the best of the "new" color options that simulate the old.

I had it on my RT/Classic that I ordered in 09 great color, with the black stripe, I was so happy I made the right choice on it, and didn't go for the update B-5 blue, not close.

I asked if while waiting if my dragpak order could be customized with Tor-Red as a add-on, unfortunately they said no-go.

Alas my dragpak is #53 so old school retro look Minuteman Missile look, with Bogarts made to look like the fly's on the Carlton car......but if it had been #54, well it would have been certainly named studio 54, complete with scantilly clad lady....

As far as the actual disco ball in question, I can neither confirm nor deny to protect the guilty, whether it was part of a wager along with a Flashdance strip bar tab(West Palm Beach), back in 1990 on the Saw Mill Parkway with matching 5 liter notchback mustangs T-5's of course, just before the trek to the 5 day at Morroso......Good times

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rolik View Post
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply and the input.

I will be going with Tor-Red, the same color as my Challenger Scat Pack. Perhaps some stripes as well. The dealership where I purchased the car, and where I have done business for 30 years, has their own body shop, and they did the two-tone white roof addition on the Challenger before I took delivery. You can see a picture of it on my website under "Significant Rides". I am sure I can get some help on the paint for the Aspen. As far as the seats, I am picking up a set of factory tan buckets this weekend (original interior/dash pad was tan). If I ultimately do not go with them, perhaps I will ring you up on the Viper seats.

I also confirmed with Tim that it has the Santhuff shocks in the front. Good stuff. Everyone that I have talked to about them has offered high praise. Light years ahead of the stock shocks in my Duster with half of the fluid pumped out. That was cool at the time LOL. No negative issues, and a great working car overall. I sold the Duster in 96 to a gentleman in Detroit who was going to install a B1 big block and go street racing. I have tried repeatedly to find him, but with no luck. I have PAGES of improvements to work on for the Aspen, so I am proceeding slowly and methodically on that. Cage upgrade is probably the first significant work.

62 383/343? On paper, it looks like a total winner. I know of a car that ran this combo in SS/HA that is out there and has been sitting for decades. I was very close to going to check it out in person, but that would have been an "ALL IT NEEDS IS....EVERYTHING" deal, and MUCH more costly in the long haul. Maybe in my next life.

Yes, Bill's Cuda just sits. I do not know if his son will ultimately do anything in ANY form with it or not, but so far no. It is up to him. Very cool car.

Bill Rolik

P.S. I know it was supposed to be a secret, but I heard through the grapevine that you have the original Studio 54 disco ball. Come on, come clean now! LOL!