View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #4816
Liteweight
VIP Member

Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Tom Broome. Hey welcome here!!!. Always good to get new blood on this thread

I gotta disagree with with the words coming from that tech dude from days gone by. 3" is a helluva lot to move wheelbase for it to go unnoticed by someone. Games were always played by racers specially word games but when push comes to shove, I doubt the wheelbase was changed here. I have many dozens of pics of Landys cars,specially his Darts. Both the Auto and the stick car, & I just spent a lengthy time looking at them trying to see on at least one pic where this was evident. Not one pic shows that. And I know these cars pretty good.
I owned the Landy stick Hemi Dart for awhile back in the 90's. I had Dick over at my place going through stuff on it and his other Darts, & this never came up in the conversations.Spoke with him on several occasions after that with same outcome.
I don't own that car anymore, but I still have the original quarter panels from it hanging in my garage.
The windshield deal did come up tho, and Dick did in fact use the single layer glass in his cars at one time.

The pics below are only a couple I have of the 2 Darts and there is no way the axles are moved.

liteweight

Last edited by Liteweight; 09-20-2017 at 03:19 PM.
Liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote