View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
Wilson1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Using The Stop Down Track

Well my new stop is on it way. Since I purchased a K&R inline, because I wanted to keep my starting line enhancer, I found out that I now have to change my scoop tray bracket. Had to buy a Locar, then my MSD distributor with the big cap interfered with the scoop tray bracket so I had to dig out a old Mallory crank fire distributor which needed a new cap and rotor which were hard to find replacement parts for. What an ordeal and the Stop isn't here yet. You just have to love race cars.... LOL..

In thinking about this, since I use a Grid, and retard timing at launch and at the shift, I really can't use the stop and bracket race on the same Grid program. I don't want to be loading a new program all the time so I think I will turn on the stop very early in second gear.

My question for anyone that has done this is if I turn on the stop about the same time as I shift should the stop timer be set for a couple tenths after the shift timer? I know it takes a bit for the cylinder to release the gas. Any ideas where to start?
Wilson1 is offline   Reply With Quote