View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #11
nhramnl

Liked 352 Times in 82 Posts
Default Re: Maybe I Was Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Nees View Post
Bobby, when I was a younger man I also enjoyed Natl. Events. They just don't "do it" for me anymore. Now maybe I just got older and maybe I just got smarter but the time and monies spent and aggravation endured don't make it worth-my-while.
One of the facts about modern-day Natl. Events is that the purse structure hasn't changed in over 20 years while the contingency program has been left to dwindle to nothing. In the 1990s, I could take home 12-15K for winning Stock at a Natls.. Today, in the same car, I couldn't make 5K and my expenses have tripled or quadrupled. For me, it's just not good business and I don't need the ego massage of being "bathed" in the light of John Force. I can go to the Div. Races and hang out with my buds, maybe make a couple of bucks and get my "fix" and I'm good.
There is a column written by a guy named Jok Nickelson on another site (DRO) that I feel might be worth the read. It is his last column as I believe that the site is closing down. It is mainly involving Bracket Racing but the lesson is the same.
Couldn't agree more, with every point Billy brings up. National Evens have completely lost their luster for me as well.
nhramnl is offline   Reply With Quote