View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #624
X-TECH MAN
Banned

Liked 235 Times in 110 Posts
Angry Re: Crate Motor Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
Just your opinion, since your not tech it means nothing. When guys are disqualified then they’re illegal.
Your right to a pin point.....After 3 years working in Div. 1 with Greg X. and 22 1/2 years with IHRA as their main Stock, Super Stock tech guy I think I know more about what is going on than you. Stock Elim. DIED in 1985 with the cam and valve spring rules. The joke we have today is nothing more than a Jr. S/S category still being called stock. It gets worse every year. Big cams, roller rockers, heads massaged more than the old Super Modified. The aftermarket heads, carbs, etc. has made it a laughing joke to the real stock racers of days gone by. I quit when some where around 15 years ago when Mike Baker (IHRA Tech Director) allowed the acid ported heads in Top Stock and GM performance(Title sponsor with a crazy engineer) rammed the crate engines up our butts. Oh well....enjoy running your borrowed Hemi. I have yet to see any of the single 4 Barrel carbs on those who run that combo have the correct carb. I guess your (Bartons) is the dual quad version.
X-TECH MAN is offline   Reply With Quote