Old 02-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #5062
Born2late

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Original hemi dart information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liteweight View Post
Born2late
First off. Welcome here.
Unfotunately Paul left us suddenly a couple years ago. He is really missed here.

I like where your going with this. I'm thinking Paul prolly could of pulled every name outta his massive memory he had for this kind of information
Mopar68 do you still have all your old paperback ETown stuff?

liteweight

Good to see there is more paperwork getting back with the appropiate cars
Thank you for your reply, Liteweight. Very sorry to hear about Paul. Clearly, he had a wealth of knowledge and he will be missed by me as well, even though I never met him. As a builder of 1/25th scale drag car models, I've benefited from many of the things that have been shared here. I place a high value on historical accuracy of my models, but since I was only 14 in 1968, I need the help of those who lived it. I've accumulated stacks of car magazines from the glory days of drag racing, and I've narrowed my focus to the Super Stock Mopars that invaded E-Town in June of 68. Paul had said that 35 B029's and L029's showed up for the Springnationals, making 20 more than I knew about. I have the magazine articles on the subject and I think the Sept 68 article in SS&DI was the best. For anybody who's interested, Bee On Video sells a DVD of the Springnationals from 65 thru 68. Considering that it's a gleaning of very old film from amateur photographers, it's excellent. The 68 Springnationals articles I have, are from Car Craft [9/68], Hot Rod [9/68], Popular Hot Rodding [9/68], SS&DI [9/68], Drag Strip [11/68], Rodder & Super Stock [11/68] and American Rodding [12/68]. I wonder if I missed any. I'm hoping someone can help me find some other puzzle pieces. Thank you for welcoming me, and hopefully I can offer something worthwhile to this group.

Last edited by Born2late; 02-01-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Born2late is offline   Reply With Quote