View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #16
Billy Nees
VIP Member

Liked 6,791 Times in 1,524 Posts
Default Re: Mopar bogus intake removed

[QUOTE=Dr. AngieB;603520]
Quote:

Please don’t confuse hard work and research with an aluminum intake. Can’t wait for the 2020 season to start! See you soon!

Sincerely,
Said 65 Valiant Driver
Young Lady (I can call you that, I have a daughter your age), I don't think that I would ever be accused of NOT working hard and NOT researching my combos and I wouldn't think the same of you and your Dad either. But hard work and research have absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that someone manipulated factory data and specs and flat-out lied to get an aluminum intake approved for a combo that never had one. Even the HP D-Dart never had one. It used the iron intake modified to take a holley carb.
It seems to me that the "Mopar" guys think that I only pick on them and nothing could be further from the truth. There's plenty of blame to go around but the NHRA has to find the stomach to start "fixing" all of these blatant "mistakes".
FFFord never built a "Police Interceptor" 390 or 352. They modified a couple of Comets to pace the Indy 500 because the base car wasn't fast enough.
Chevy never put a 327/300 intake on a 283. That was a typo in NHRA's own tech specs. and I can't say whether it was intentional or not. But you can't even bolt a 4GC to it without using AFB and 4GC gaskets to keep it from leaking.
Mopar never put aluminum heads on anything but a HEMI (and a VERY few slant 6s). Somebody in the "corporation" just grabbed a handful of Edelbrock's money to slide them into the guide.
And HEMI's! I would love to see just what carb and intake really came on a 4V HEMI! Not to mention that they only came in hardtops with a flat hood.
427 FFFords aren't any better either.
And don't get me going on 396/375 Chevys!

The NHRA Tech Dept. is going to need more than a "new Sheriff in town". It's going to have to call out the National Guard!

World's greatest Under-Achiever!
Billy Nees is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked