Thread: IHRA for 2018
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #16
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 982 Times in 298 Posts
Default Re: IHRA for 2018

I know some of the IHRA racers are looking into alternatives for 2018 now that IHRA has done away with the sportsman programs for 2018. I wanted to pass this along because I know it's always been a gray area for some as to the question "Well, I only have an IHRA Lic, what do I have to do to cross over to run NHRA if I want to run maybe a local Association event or Bracket Race, Etc." I did some investigating and have an answer for you all:

"Racers can cross grade to NHRA utilizing the NHRA License form for the Appropriate Category. They can bring 2 time slips and a copy of their IHRA Licesnce, complete the form with 1 NHRA Licensed Driver & Track Manager Signature. The track has the option of permitting the racer to race or not, provided he/she turns in all the paperwork to the track and they send it to us on the next business day"

I hope this helps with some confusion and good luck in 2018 in whatever you decide to do, rather it be Association Races, NHRA Events or Big $$ Bracket Racing.

Rob Keister
Mid Atlantic .90 President
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote