View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:00 PM   #18
art leong
VIP Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Dry Ice in your fuel cell?

I did this at Atlanta one year. It was 92 degrees out and my fuel checked at 45 degrees. Got some weird looks, but explained what I did and it checked fine.
I chopped the dry ice up and put directly into the fuel jugs (half full). I laughed at all the looks I got LOL.
It really didn't seem to make a difference. But at the time I was running quite a bit rich.
I think it would have been worth something if I could retune for the cold fuel (at the time I didn't have the knowlege to retune the ecu).
I think I picked up some (.50) mph. In my case the fuel would probably have cooled the intake air (EFI)
Don't have the time or wallet to test things properly. I tried C25 and picked up between .6 and 1.2 mph. But lost 2 tenths in the short time .050 total. So some tuning would probably have been a net gain. This was tested with 3 runs on C12, then 3 runs on C25, then 2 runs on C12. With no tuning changes and not much DA change.
Some day I'll get around to actually making some tuning changes. With cold fuel or C25 (I was told it needs more timing) Don't really need it right now. Can get into instant trouble in good air.

Last edited by art leong; 01-02-2014 at 08:05 PM.
art leong is offline   Reply With Quote