View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
Mark Yacavone
Veteran Member

Liked 4,447 Times in 1,693 Posts
Default Re: E shift ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdw1403 View Post
Are e shifts being outlawed in 2018? The way I read rule is if your car was OEM computer equipped then e shift is legal. Am I wrong? Talked to Paul Forte and he said the racers need to stand up and complain about this. Personally i am in favor of making electric or air shift legal in all classes. Much safer especially with the wheel stands that some of the stockers are doing today.Seems like on an OEM car you put it in D and go, which is what e shift does.
As much as I respect Paul Forte , I'm afraid I have to disagree with him on this. But, I suppose business is business.
Seems like every week, someone suggests combining the stick and automatic classes.
If it's a stick racer, I just have to smile. If it's an automatic racer, then I wonder why we need auto upshifts at all. How much trouble is it to slap a Cheetah shifter into second on time?
Y'all remember Steve Bagwell and Richard Griffin? They never seemed to have trouble shifting a T.A. shifter with the wheels up ,and winning races at the same time.