View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 12:06 PM   #30
Michael Beard
VIP Member

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Bracket Racing vs Class Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hoven View Post
A 500+ HP Pontiac that runs less than 6500 RPM will last along time, but compared to a high RPM 396,426 and so on it’s a tow truck engine.
So don't bracket race a 396 or 426.

Quote:
But your cars are bracket cars that fit a class or 2. Nothing max effort or Remotely fast against NHRA cars. A low maintenance race car.
How exactly is the Dart a "bracket car" and any less of a Class car than any other? A car either fits a class or it doesn't. The Dart was a Class car from the day I first laid eyes on it. It's got a John Irving motor in it for G/SA. Is John Irving's fleet just a bunch of "bracket cars that fit a class or 2"?

The Volare was a Class car when I bought it, and it had continued to be a Class car right up until I broke the crank last summer, and I decided to make it a full-time bracket car. The Turismo was built as a Stocker from day one. Just because I choose to bracket race Class cars does not make them any less of a Class car. I've set national records, won class, and even been #1 Qualifier with my car(s). I'm sorry if their consistency, driveability, low maintenance, and success offends you.

Funny, no one asked me where I qualified or where I ranked against other G/SA cars on Nitro Joe's list before they handed me the Wally. I'm sorry that it's not "remotely fast" and not a part of "max effort" **** swinging contest that I would never have the desire or finances to "compete" in.

If you don't want to bracket race a class car, don't. Nobody's twisting your arm. It's some pretty offensive elitist BS to belittle others' cars that do choose to use them and enjoy them, though.