View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 02:24 PM   #7
BKSG1198
VIP Member

Liked 1,007 Times in 305 Posts
Default Re: Mid Atlantic .90 - 1 Day Race at Maple Grove - Oct 15th

Good Afternoon All,

Here is the answer we’ve all been waiting to hear! We will be racing on Sunday the 15th! Here is the thing, we will monitor the rain that is coming in tomorrow (Talking about an Inch throughout Sat) and how much water the track takes on during that time because it seems to change every hour. I'M GOING TO PUT THIS OUT THERE RIGHT NOW SO NOBODY IS SURPRISED BUT, THIS RACE COULD BE RUN AT 1/8 MILE. I know we hate it; I know it's not what .90 racing does but, we don't need any issues on track after a decent amount of rain and safety is my number #1 concern for you all. So, you have enough time to decide if you want to attend or stay home this weekend based on that decision. A final decision will be made on Sunday as far as the distance goes. As we all know this year has been a rough one all around between weather and Atco closing.

If you need indexes IF WE GO 1/8 Mile:
SC - 5.70
SG - 6.30
SST - 6.90

We have gone 1/8 mile back in April 2019 at .90 Atco after we had about 45 MPH winds and the D1 Race at Maple Grove in September 2020 for all those people to look back in your logs.

Gates will open at 8am Sunday - with the forecasted rain for Saturday, that event for Saturday has already been canceled by the track so gates will be closed for Saturday till Sunday morning so you will need to stack outside the gate in an orderly fashion. Also, with the forecasted rain & rain predicted for early next week unless you feel like being towed out of the field from being stuck - PLEASE TRY NOT TO PARK IN THE FIELD OR TRY TO PARK IN AN AREA THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE SOFT! We know for the Dutch you probably will have to park in the field but need to give it time to dry.

Thanks all and good luck this weekend!
Rob Keister
856-332-2851
BKSG1198 is offline   Reply With Quote