View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
Dwight Southerland
VIP Member

Liked 724 Times in 177 Posts
Default Re: I had some fun yesterday!

Billy -

Thank you for the commendation and compliment! Kudos from you is a great affirmation of the work it has taken.

My goal is to help class racers, aspiring class racers and even the just curious to be able to easily relate to those letters on the windows of Stock and Super Stock cars and to grasp why some cars are fast in their classes while others are not.

I have always felt that an obstacle to participating in S/SS classes for some people is the intimidation of so much data, so many rules and so much math behind figuring out classifications, and I wanted to help remove that obstacle. So, by looking up a combination from a classification page on the website, the classes, race weights and indexes for that combination are presented to you in one click.

Also, I wanted to present all the necessary information for selecting or blueprinting an engine on ONE PAGE. The specs, the hp ratings, the approved parts - pistons, rods, oil pans, etc., and some not-so-obvious caluculations like actual displacement when the engine is overbored and the actual compression ratio of the engine if it were blueprinted, are related and presented on one page. That way, people can be able to "see" what people like you and other "combination guys" have worked to dig out.

Maybe by making the information easy to access, more people will be encouraged to particpate. Maybe by making combination analysis easier to understand, the "Hollywood" influence of fast, pretty and overly expensive Stockers will not be so influential so as to discourage people who could participate. Maybe it will help our sport.

Thanks, again! Compliments from you are encouraging to me.
Dwight Southerland