Thread: Lvd td issues
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
pentastarrail

Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts
Default Lvd td issues

Congratulations Kenny.
I am not taking anything away from you as you did an outstanding job this year.

HOWEVER,
I was not going to say anything and just let things go, BUT my wife and I talked about what happened with this series this year and we agreed that we should at least speak up so other racers know what can happen to them.

We have an issue with the track and the "Lebanon Valley Top Dragster Series".

The "rule changing" DURING the POINTS SERIES is BS. Not once BUT several times during the series.

This series started out as 16 cars, then 32, then ?? etc, etc, with a 7.49 or quicker dial.
Then on the last weekend (with 2 races left) they change the format to an 8.25 dial?

They can use the "financial" excuse all they want but to change it on the LAST points weekend is ABSURD.
How many people COULD have raced it earlier in the year, how many people would have raced it since they did NOT need all the "extra" stuff (safty gear, nitrous, TD license, etc, etc) and could have made the 8.25 bump. Also, what about the amount of $$ some people spent to race this series purchasing all the TD stuff.

This rule changing DIRECTLY affected my wife. She was number two after the first weekend with only 1 round between her and first. She broke her engine, we put in the backup engine (still running high 7.50's but could not run the 7.49 that was mandated at the time for the second race weekend) so she raced Super Pro instead missing those 2 races. If this 8.25 rule was used then the out come of this whole series could have been different. Since she missed those 2 races (1 weekend) she knew she could not make up the points needed so she stopped attending even though we had the 7.00 engine back in the car.

I'm not saying Kenny would not be number one, all I'm saying things MAY have finshed differently.

Gee, I wonder how much EXTRA money they made making the 8.25 rule on the LAST points weekend?
I'm sure they had MANY more entries because of it, ....NOT.

At least on a good note, there won't be a TD series next year.

Next time, instead of just MAKING UP RULES as we go along, just use a VERY SIMPLE solution that has been used for years, have all the PAID points members vote on the change, if it passes fine, then there is NO beef.

To change rules on the fly as you see fit is total BS.

I'm NOT blaming anyone and I applaud the people that put it together for their hard work on getting a series to happen and finding sponsors.

I'm just pointing out the FACTS.

Kenny did a great job this year, I just wanted racers to know what could happen to them.

Frank Zeffiro

Last edited by pentastarrail; 10-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
pentastarrail is offline   Reply With Quote