View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 05:55 PM   #27
NHRA1926

Liked 161 Times in 51 Posts
Default Re: Rules for nhra super street

Super Street has always been considered an entry level class by NHRA in the past. There are no national points for the class. It has always been the class to start racing in to get your feet wet in Divisional competition. It is a class for racers to gain some experience in NHRA divisional competition. It's the class that local racers can run to start their dreams of running a national event in their division. There is only one national event in each of the 7 divisions in the country for Super Street racers to compete at. If you wanna run in the 9's at more than 135 mph then you should run in Gas. Please understand that I'm not knocking any one that runs in the class. I run in Super Street myself. I just don't believe the class is meant for cars that can run in the faster classes, but can come down and run with the slower cars. It doesn't seem right. No different then a full time touring pro racer in any other sport coming back to compete with the next step down division. Once your car is capable of running in that faster class, I don't think it's fair that you come back and compete against the cars in Super Street. Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down or pick on anyone. Hope I get my point across without losing the meaning of my opinion or hurting anyone's feelings. That's not my intentions.
NHRA1926 is offline   Reply With Quote